Jul 23, 2010

“I got the hummus”

Remember the Friends episode “The One Where No One is Ready” when Phoebe gets hummus on her dress right before Ross’s speech at the museum? So funny! At the time (1996) – I have no idea what Hummus was…I just assumed it was a zany Phoebe Buffay food that normal people would not even consider eating!

Fast foward 14 years and Hummus has become a staple in the Hanna House. We love the Trader Joes flavored varieties (mmmm kalamata olive) and often keep a stash of the supermarket Sabra brand on hand for veggie/pita dip.

Recently we conquered the fear of making our own hummus…it’s so easy and inexpensive….I owe it all to my sister-in-law Laura who gave me the most magical kitchen appliance ever – and my cooking fairy godmother Ina Garten ….the recipe is from her Back To Basics cook book – and can be found on Food Network online...


We have yet to modify the flavors because the lemon is just so clean and delicious – but I suspect we will venture into our own combinations soon!

Pics of our preperation:

1 comment: