Mar 10, 2011

Yikes Stripes!

One of the big projects I have on my Hanna House to-do list this year is to renovate the downstairs bathroom.....

I'd love to steal Kate and Andy Spade's Scalamandré zebra bathroom....love the emerald green background, black and white striped shower curtain, and that gorgeous white subway tile...
Interesting note about this wallpaper - It was featured in The Royal Tenenbaums ...and originally created in the 1940s exclusively for Gino's, a New York City restaurant....
The famous zebras come in a few colors and a high leaping price tag (even on Ebay)
Love them all but think I'd stay with the Green or maybe the yellow - so light and fun.  The best think about this wallpaper is the reflection of zebras jumping over your head - reminds me of fruit stripes gum....
"yikes stripes...fruit stripes gum" - anyone else nostalgic for a stick of gum who's flavor lasts approximately 30 seconds but comes with a lick and stick tattoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment