Mar 30, 2011

In Living Color

To lighten up the space and make it feel more modern, The Hanna House is going to paint our retro 1970s wood-paneled family room. We want to paint the room a neutral tone but would love to incorporate a punch of color....perhaps painting the back of our built-in bookshelves a contrasting hue would do the trick....
Fun Apple Green - from Peacock Feathers
A cool ink blue - from Young House Love (love their blog - and they live here in Richmond!)
Subtle and soothing pale blue - House Beautiful
Light and breezy blue-sh/grey - Little Green Notebook (love the mirror placement)
Dark Blue - Southern Living...note the "style secret"
Thinking a deep plum or a navy similar to the Young House Love picture above - thoughts?  Will keep you posted on our progress!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are painting over the wood paneling! J/K. Now I'll be flying solo with my awesome wood paneled basement. But thank you so much for posting all these pics. I've been considering painting the back of my bookshelves in our living room a fun color and I think this fall I'm going to finally do it. Perhaps you can help me choose the color?!

    (ps I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on your blog. I had to pause the RHWNYC to concentrate on it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wood Paneling is primed and partially painted - we have a ways to go! Will post pics! YES - would love to help you choose a color! xoxo

    ReplyDelete