Feb 4, 2011

Pillow Fight

Upon moving into the Hanna House we put our wedding gift credits to use and furnished our living room with the Crate and Barrel Azure Sofa (read more about it here).  Then Santa Came Early and we spruced up the room with vibrant deep coral with multi layered green striped curtains.  Now we're ready to add the frosting....Pillows!

I knew I wanted something unique and custom made - I started at the fabric store and then made my way online to Esty (man I need to learn to sew!).....here are a few that caught my eye...

Love Imperial Trellis (and Kelly Wearstler's style - check out her new blog) but think this color may be too light for our bran colored sofas...
Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis - here.
I drooled over those Chiang Mai Dragon pillows - love the vibrant color and that featured feisty dragon (letter head of my favorite blogger) - but got sticker shock with the price tag...
Chiang Mai Dragon - here
Love the colors and the interesting use of Ikat applied to the floral - a close contender...
Ikat Floral - here

If we were using cool blue/purple tones I would definitely invest in these geometric patterned navy pillows and add a partner pillow in an  interesting stripe or complimentary print...
Navy Geometric - here

This poppy print fabric is so cheerful and I am a sucker for large prints, but I was nervous about the pinks clashing with my curtains (and the room looking too feminine)...
Poppy Print - here
So....we finally settled on these Robert Allen fabric beauties from Turquoise Tumbleweed's shop (I share her affinity for bright colors and large patterns!)....

My pair of pillows promptly arrived this week neatly wrapped (including a nice thank you note from the seller) with a few swatches of other fabrics I requested...can't wait to see how they look - waiting on our Overstock down pillow inserts to arrive for the big unveiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment