Today was the day stylish twenty something brides have been waiting for....the launch of BHLDN - Anthropologie's wedding website....
First impression - not really that impressed - the wedding gowns are too outlandish for my taste and the bridesmaid dresses are mostly bubble style, odd colors, and way too expensive ($200-$1600)...
I suppose they are finding their niche in the marketplace - the unique playful bride who would not be caught in a traditional gown...
I did enjoy the wedding pictures from yesteryear - how cute are these brides....
Now if forced to pick a dress from the new site - I would select this cute tea dress and lace bolero (demure touch for the service)...they would be perfect for a summer backyard wedding....
For shoes - I do not think I'll ever find a pair I loved as much as the beautiful sapphire blue Marc Jacobs pair I wore last March - see below....(LOVE them!)
But...if I had to choose a pair from BHLDN...I'd go with these lime green kicks....those 4" heels may sink into the grass - but the pop of celery would add a whimsical punch of color to the cute tea dress...
It will be interesting to see how BHLDN matures - will they stick with their contemporary styles? Expand into more traditional gowns? Will they follow JCrew's example and open a boutique? Many brides may find it difficult to "Say Yes To The Dress" without ever seeing it in person.....

No comments:
Post a Comment