Feb 1, 2011

Pop of Color

I have been trying to come up with original art for one of our downstairs guest rooms.  Right now the walls are very vanilla and in desperate need for a pop of color.  I was planning on testing my skills at a gallery wall - but think one big piece may work better.

When browsing the new High Gloss digital mag I came across this beauty:
I love the use of multiple patterns in Jamie Meares home - this abstract painting that serves as a headboard was made by her assistant.  Perhaps I'm over confident with my artistic abilities - but I think I may be able to achieve a similar look with a large canvas and 7-8 complimentary colors....

One other piece I loved from Meares home was this shower curtain - love how she took an inexpensive neutral shower curtain and added a premium punch of color with the bright monogram.....
Our downstairs shower curtain was a $10 Home Goods Find that is desperate for a little color - will keep you posted on it's makeover....

No comments:

Post a Comment