Mar 24, 2011

Pop of Color (take 2)....Pop Pop

In February I posted about adding a pop of color in our guest room with original art.  See below for the image I plan on using for inspiration -

Recently I came across a similar piece from the Lilly Pulitzer Furniture Showcase (see below) collection available from HFI this summer.  Love that Palm Beach Princess style -as mentioned here...

sorry for the grainy pic - this is the only one I could find
Looks like a similar effect to the Highgloss image  - large canvas with colorful stripes.  I am in no way an artist, but this seems like a DIY project waiting to happen, especially with help from my super artistic sister-in-law Laura.

One of the accents that is subtle but caught my eye in this image were the white plates on either side of the painting.  It reminds me of an article from last March's Dwell called "Search and Display" about a collectors passion for random plates.....she displays her beautiful plates in a kitchen mosaic...see below -

I love this idea and what a fun collection.  My favorite is the beautiful blue peacock and that cute lime green fish.  Both of these ideas (or a combination of both) are low costs and add a punch of color to otherwise bland white walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment