Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Oh aquarium room - I'm not going to lie...it is a little strange looking and gave me reservations about buying our house. Fast fwd to one month after move in - the "Hannaquarium" is now the hot spot in our house! The blue glass walls slide open and acts as a screened in porch - with this unseasonably cool weather Brian and I have been enjoying dinner and lounge time in our lovely blue sun room.
Step one was finding furniture; we were worried about mildewing and sun exposure so we went the outdoor furniture route. August=Clearance time for anything outdoor related in Virginia - so we searched the usual spots and eventually scored with a set of Jacklyn Smith's finest at Kmart (who knew!) - now every time I sit on our chocolate brown love seat, all I can think about is Sweet Home Alabama "Ah - that Jacklyn Smith knows what she's doing" - or even better "You have a baby....in a bar"...I digress...
Evening in the blue room below....
The garden stool is from Little Green Notebook sale - the gorgeous Peace Lilly is from my sweet sister-in-law Brooke and her family - and the pillows are from Ebay. I searched far and wide find reasonably priced/aesthetically pleasing throw pillows (this brown is a little tricky) and came across Brooks on Meadow - an online Ebay store of made in the USA outdoor pillows and supplies - they had tons of cute patterns and very reasonable prices!
We started with two - but I like them so much - I may need to order two more!
Brian on the other hand could care less about pillows and has big plans for football season - think Grill, Beers, and possibly adding a TV. Now if we can just pull up that musty carpet - we may be able to to overcome the aquarium stigma!

No comments:
Post a Comment