My goal this fall/winter is to make soup each week....
Top 5 Reasons for Soup-aloop:
It's delicious
Affordable
Warms the tummy on cold days
Makes us eat veggies
With days getting shorter (dark by 6PM yikes) -quick/easy dinner
My first soup this fall/winter - Ina's Chicken Chili was seriously delicious - click here for the recipe. I would definitely recommend this to chili lovers and haters - you can really change the spiciness with the amount of cayenne/red pepper kick you add...my prep work below...
She did it again - love that Barefoot Contessa! The chili was healthy, delicious and very fresh - it was a bit different from more traditional chilies (no beans or beef) - just bell peppers, tomatoes, chicken, onion, and herbs/spices. I loved the fresh basil addition - took me back to Italy! Another reason I was drawn to this recipe....I did not have to buy any new spices - the flavors could all be found in my spice rack (ugh cabinet) - chili powder, cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper...."how easy is that"
Pretty sure this is going to be a regular around Home Sweet Hanna!

No comments:
Post a Comment