Oct 28, 2011

DIY Fascinator

Like most gals I know - I love Kate Middleton's style and enjoyed every minute of the Royal Wedding earlier this year (as noted here). So naturally, the Duchess of Cambridge is my choice for a chic Halloween Costume.  I'm utilizing two of her key looks for my inspiration...

Engagement Announcement -photo from Brides
Kate attending a wedding wearing an ornately decorated Fascinator
I have the blue wrap dress, long brown lose curled wig, black classic heels, nude stockings, and to die for Sapphire ring (a faux  copy....but a girl can dream) - the only thing missing is the quintessentially British  fascinator cap to complete my ensemble.  I found this cute tutorial on Simple Simon and Company for a DIY Birdcage tutorial - check out my creation below...

Materials - hair clip, cardboard, batting, scissors, tulle, glue gun, grey felt, and feathers
My work area with trusty assistant George looking in!
Cardboard, Batting, and Felt
All wrapped up and hot glued together

Tulle and feathers added - voila!
 Stay tuned for pictures next week of the final costume - we are going to Ginny's 30th Birthday/Halloween Party Saturday night - this fascinator will be in full effect!  Now if I could only get Brian to dress as Prince William....

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your fascinator! You did such a good job! I'm staying tuned for the final pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne! It was a fun/super quick project! Wish these would come into Fashion in the US - perhaps I'll start the trend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am beyond jealous of this costume. You will look amazing!! Take lots of pics and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete