Unfortunately Season 4 is not carrying on...the Season Finale was last night...and it was amazing!
(SPOILER ALERT)
-------------------------------
Lots of twists - an unexpected proposal (Don and Meagan), frenemies uniting (Peggy and Joan) a secret office love child (Joan kept Rodger's baby), and the firing of the Carla (Bad Move Betty).
During the proposal scene I literally looked at Brian and asked "Is this a dream sequence" - it came out of left field. I was convinced that Don was in love with Faye - she is smart, patient, and had the maturity and confidence to challenge him in a way that neither Betty nor Megan will ever be able to pull off. In fact - Faye called it when she told Don "I hope she knows...you only like the beginning of things..." All in all Faye got "le shaft!" Seems like the Don/Megan union is doomed....but at least she is not as crazy as Betty.
One of the best scenes last night was the Peggy and Joan girl time after the sudden engagement announcement. It was funny to see two frenemies uniting over office gossip and a cigarette. Both characters have transformed so much since the first season and constantly remind us of how women were left out of the boys club of advertising - they both recognize the discrimination...."That's Bull****" but are so devoted to their roles at the agency that they put up with the 60s anti feminist attitudes.
Another fabulous twist was Joan's pregnancy - I agree with Meredith Blake of the LA Times...I hope the baby pops out with a Rodger Sterling head of white hair! I am very interested to see where they take this story line - there are predictions that A) Rodger Sterling will die or B) Greg (Joan's husband) will die in Vietnam - either way....this can not end well! Joan is a favorite character of mine - and I hope she doesn't end up as the lonely "Director of Agency Operations" single mother....
Betty hit a new low of pure unadulterated meanness when she fired her nanny of 8 years Carla. She is such a vile character and cannot handle her crazy insecurities and the fact that Carla knows the children best and recognized the friendship between Glen and Sally. I hope that she gets over her self and rehires Carla...in the mean time I'm sure Henry will continues to slam Betty for acting like a child. We know that cannot end well (another prediction...Betty has an affair)....
I guess we will see...as Mad Men lives carry on in Season 5....




No comments:
Post a Comment