Sep 12, 2011

Richmond Green

The bathroom renovation is complete!  As mentioned here - our previous bathroom left much to be desired.  It all started with my "I hate the fake legs on this sink" obsession and ended with a new and improved downstairs bathroom....

The renovation cork board:

Our color inspiration came from my love of Kate/Andy Spade's bathroom.   I love the retro black and white with the pop of kelly green zebra wallpaper.  We tried to find a similar shade of green suitable for a bathroom and stumbled across the perfect shade - Benjamin Moore's Richmond Green.
It is so grassy and cheerful and although I had a minor heart palpitation when I first saw how bright it turned out- we really love the way it enhances our old school 1950s black and white vintage tile.

So here we go - the big reveal -
So much better
New light fixture and faucet - chrome baby!
Goodbye fake legs - hello beautiful pedestal sink and Grecian white marble floor
We have an Eliza B Askin pen drawing on our wall - but hope to add more B&W art as our collection grows
The before pic - see more here:

ugh - so yucks
We are so excited and love visitors!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great in your bathroom! Thanks for all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the retro black, white with a pop of green color scheme.

    ReplyDelete